Alex J. Yastrow
- Direct — 646.292.8723
- Fax — 646.292.8701
Alex J. Yastrow focuses on commercial insurance coverage litigation, including regulatory, property, business interruption, and reinsurance matters, as well as commercial general, professional, directors and officers, and automotive liability. He has also handled a range of legal issues relating to natural disasters, including Superstorm Sandy.
Alex is well-versed in a broad array of reinsurance matters and has written on the industry. He is a contributing writer and editor of Reinsurance Professional’s Deskbook: A Practical Guide, a comprehensive resource that explores traditional insurance and reinsurance concepts as well as emerging trends in today’s insurance markets. He is also a contributor to Goldberg Segalla’s The Insurance and Reinsurance Report blog.
In addition, Alex has appellate experience, and he also handles complex areas of contract law, including additional insured relationships, clients’ rights and obligations in claims handling, real property contracts, and corporate civil liability in multiple jurisdictions.
Before entering private practice, Alex was an intern with the Center on Wrongful Convictions at Northwestern Law School in Chicago, where he investigated and interviewed death row inmates to ascertain their likelihood of innocence. In addition, he served as a Congressional District Office Intern for U.S. Congressman Mark Steven Kirk.
Alex received his juris doctor from the George Washington University Law School, where he was a mock trial participant. He received his bachelor of arts degree in political science from the University of Michigan.
- New York Metro Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2016
- Defense Research Institute
- Insurance Federation of NY
- New York Insurance Association (NYIA)
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2012
- University of Michigan, B.A., 2009
- Co-Author, “Run-Off and Transfer of Risk” and “Insurance-Linked Securities and Other Alternative Risk Transfer Mechanisms,” Chapters 27-28 in Reinsurance Professional's Deskbook, 2017-2018 ed., Thomson Reuters and DRI, 2017
- Co-Author, “Run-off and Transfer Risk” and “The Emergence of Insurance-Linked Securities,” Chapters in Reinsurance Professional’s Deskbook: A Practical Guide, Thomson Reuters and DRI, January 2015