Clayton D. Waterman
- Direct — 716.844.3438
- Fax — 716.566.5401
Clayton Waterman is a member of Goldberg Segalla’s Global Insurance Services Practice Group, where he focuses his practice on insurance coverage analysis and reinsurance. Clay has experience in matters involving commercial general liability, professional liability, and property insurance policy coverage issues. He also possesses knowledge on a wide variety of reinsurance issues. His other areas of focus include environmental law and commercial litigation.
Before joining Goldberg Segalla, Clay worked for environmental, criminal, and personal injury law firms, providing him with a diverse legal background.
Clay has co-authored treatise chapters on reinsurance and insurance fraud. He is a regular contributor to the "Duty to Defend" and "Professional Liability" sections of the firm’s Casewatch: Insurance newsletter as well as its Insurance and Reinsurance Report blog.
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers, Rising Stars 2016
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude and with Certificate in Environmental Law, 2011
- State University of New York at Geneseo, B.A., magna cum laude, 2008
- Co- Author, “Follow the Fortunes and Follow the Settlements,” Chapter 15 in Reinsurance Professional's Deskbook, 2017-2018 ed., Thomson Reuters and DRI, 2017
- Panelist, “Where Have We Been and Where Are We Going: Top 20 Decisions of 2013 and Their Impact on 2014,” Advanced Insurance Coverage: Emerging Issues, Developments, and Strategy, New York State Bar Association CLE, Amherst, NY, May 9, 2014
- Co-Author, "Duties of Reinsurers" and “Life Insurance Claims Adjusting and Fraud” chapters, New Appleman on Insurance Law Library Edition, LexisNexis, 2013