Daniel T. Hunter
- Direct — 716.844.3478
- Fax — 716.566.5401
Daniel Hunter focuses his practice on general liability matters and commercial litigation. His experience includes cases involving personal injury, property damage, commercial business disputes, insurance coverage, and labor law and employment issues. His background also includes Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration work.
Daniel has handled all phases of litigation, including trials, mediations, and arbitrations. His background includes cases in all five boroughs of New York, in New York State Supreme Court, and in state appellate courts.
Daniel received his juris doctor from Duquesne University School of Law, where he was involved with the Innocence Project Post-Conviction DNA Clinic. As part of the school’s Ireland Study Abroad Program, he conducted international arbitration studies at Queen's University in Belfast and attended seminars in European Union law and jurisprudence at Trinity College in Dublin.
As a law clerk to the Hon. Bernard L. McHinley, Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania, Daniel reviewed, analyzed, and outlined briefs submitted to the court; researched relevant statutory and case law; and drafted appellate opinions and bench memoranda to be circulated to all appellate judges on panel. He authored the published opinion Bartholetti v. W.C.A.B. (School Dist. of Philadelphia), 927 A.2d 743 (PaCmwlth., 2007).
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers, Rising Stars 2014-2016
- New York State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Erie County
- Western New York Trial Lawyers Association
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of New York
- Canisius High School Business Development Board: Board Member
- State University of New York at Buffalo Law School’s Trial Technique Program: Assistant Professor, 2010–2011
- Duquesne University School of Law, J.D., 2009
- State University of New York at Geneseo, B.A., 2005
- Author, “Law Impacts Availability of ‘Public’ Arbitrations,” Buffalo Law Journal, March 27, 2015
- Presenter, "Medical Records in Case Law," BNI, November 20, 2014
- Presenter, “Strategies for Legal Research on the Web,” National Business Institute Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Buffalo, NY, June 2013