Emilio F. Grillo
- Direct — 646.292.8710
- Fax — 646.292.8701
Emilio Grillo is a nationally recognized trial attorney with two decades of litigation experience in personal injury claims, professional liability claims, commercial disputes, criminal law, labor law, and transportation law. He led the Manhattan office at his previous firm, where he oversaw its defense practice.
His clients have included local and national construction and real estate holding companies, product manufacturers, restaurants, hotels, and entertainment companies as well as national and international retailers. Emilio is also familiar with transportation law, having represented motor carrier companies.
He spent six years as an assistant district attorney in the Kings County District Attorney’s Office, where he was assigned to the criminal court, grand jury, investigations, appeals, and felony trial bureaus. As senior trial attorney in the homicide bureau, Emilio tried over 30 felony cases to verdict, including seven murder trials.
Emilio is a member of the New York State Bar Association Torts and Insurance Compensation Executive Committee. His other achievements include being nominated and certified as a member of the Council for Litigation Management in 2007, and serving as chairman of the board of directors of the Columbian Lawyers Association from 2005–2007. In June of 2013, Emilio was elected to serve as a Trustee for the Village of Rockville Centre. He served the village as the Deputy Village Attorney/Prosecutor from 2004–2013.
- New York Metro Super Lawyers 2014-2016
- Defense Research Institute
- New York State Bar Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- Connecticut, 1991
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D., 1990
- University of Connecticut, B.A., cum laude, 1987
- Presenter, "A Bridge the Gap for Litigators," NY County Lawyer's Association, New York, NY, March 12, 2016
- Presenter, “Addressing the Challenges of Settling a Civil Lawsuit,” New York State Bar Association’s Law School for Insurance Professionals, 2010
- Presenter, “Honing Your Deposition Skills in Tort and Personal Injury Cases,” New York State Bar Association, 2010