Jennifer M. Mannion
- Direct — 267.519.6824
- Fax — 267.519.6801
Jennifer Mannion concentrates her practice on insurance, premises liability, retail liability, commercial motor vehicle, and product liability litigation. She has represented insurance companies in the defense of first-party claims including medical benefits and uninsured/underinsured motorist benefits; in declaratory judgment actions and coverage disputes; and in civil suits involving claims for fraud, defamation, and RICO violations. In addition, Jennifer has defended product manufacturers in litigation involving personal injury and property damage claims based on design defect, manufacturing defect, and improper warnings, and defended national pharmacy chains and supermarkets in premises liability matters. She has successfully arbitrated many cases in both federal and state court throughout Pennsylvania.
Jennifer is an adjunct professor of trial advocacy at Villanova Law School. She received her juris doctor at Villanova, where she was a member of the Villanova National Trial Advocacy Team. Jennifer won the 2009 and 2010 Regional National Trial Competitions, was a semi-finalist in the 2009 Lonestar Classic Trial Advocacy Competition, and was the winner of the 2008 Lonestar Classic Trial Advocacy Competition.
- Securing the dismissal of breach of contract and negligence claims against a university
- Successfully defending supermarket chains in premises liability claims, obtaining defense arbitration awards and nominal settlements
- Obtaining a defense arbitration award in state court on the basis that the plaintiff did not sustain a serious impairment of bodily function and therefore did not breach the limited tort threshold
- Prevailing on a motion for summary judgment in a case involving a claim for negligent entrustment against a parent
- Obtaining a defense arbitration award in state court in an automobile liability matter
- Prevailing on a motion to dismiss defamation claims against a national bank in a federal lawsuit involving claims for violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2015-2017 (Thomson Reuters)
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association James J. Manderino Award for Trial Advocacy
- David E. Worby Scholarship for Excellence in Trial Advocacy
- Lewis Powell Medal for Excellence in Advocacy presented by the American College of Trial Lawyers
- View peer-review methodologies at superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Support Center for Child Advocates: Volunteer Attorney
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2010
- Pennsylvania State University, B.S., 2006