Jessica P. Butkera
- Direct — 443.615.7517
- Fax — 443.615.7599
Jessica Butkera’s practice focuses on defending complex toxic tort matters involving exposure to lead paint and other hazardous substances. She also litigates a wide range of liability claims, including product and premises liability, and defends medical malpractice cases on behalf of individuals and insurers. An experienced trial attorney, Jessica has handled numerous bench trials and has taken several jury trials to verdict.
During law school at the University of Maryland, Jessica served as an Articles Editor of the Maryland Law Review and was a recipient of the school’s Law, Litigation & Advocacy Award. She also was a national champion at the National Institute of Trial Advocacy’s Tournament of Champions trial competition. She held a number of prominent internships and student positions, including as a student attorney with the Department of Defense’s Judge Advocate General Corps and as an Aspen Fellow with Chief Magistrate Paul W. Grimm in the U.S. District Court of Maryland. After graduation, Jessica served as a law clerk with the Hon. Audrey J.S. Carrion in the Circuit Court of Baltimore City, Maryland, where she researched legal and factual issues and wrote orders and opinions, among other duties.
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating: AV Preeminent
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, 2016
- Maryland Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2013-2017
- Baltimore Bar Foundation, Inc., Board of Trustees, 2016-2017
- Bar Association of Baltimore City: Communications and News Journal Committee, 2015-present; Personal Injury Litigation Committee, 2013-present
- Maryland State Bar Association, Inc.
- Baltimore County Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Defense Counsel, Inc.
- National Association of Professional Women
- Delta Gamma Baltimore Alumnae Association, Vice President of Finance
- Delta Gamma Fraternity
- Delta Gamma Foundation
- University of Maryland School of Law National Trial Team
- Canton Community Association
- USA Triathlon
- Alzheimer’s Association
Admitted to Practice
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., 2007
- The George Washington University, B.A., cum laude, 2002