Joanne J. Romero
- Direct — 646.292.8713
- Fax — 646.292.8701
Joanne Romero’s practice focuses on employment law, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, family medical leave, wage/hour, and non-compete/non-solicitation actions. Joanne also handles disability accessibility compliance matters on behalf of property owners, property management companies, and lease holders of public accommodations (such as restaurants, stores, and schools) and residential real estate, including claims under city (NYCHRL), state (NYSHRL) and federal law (Title III of the ADA, Fair Housing Act).
Joanne’s litigation background also includes professional liability (including claims against attorneys, public officials, and financial consultants), copyright and trademark infringement, right of publicity, defamation, and unfair competition claims. In addition, she has appellate experience at the state and federal level.
Joanne received her B.A. from Wellesley College in 1994 and her J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center in 2000.
- New York State Bar Association
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2000
- Wellesley College, B.A., 1994
- Co-Author, “Enforceability of a Personal Jurisdiction/Forum Selection Clause Against an Employee’s New Employer in a Non-Compete Dispute,” American Bar Association Professionals’, Officers’, and Directors’ Liability Newsletter, Summer 2014