Justin D. Kaplan
- Direct — 312.572.8435
- Fax — 312.572.8401
Justin Kaplan focuses his practice on matters involving complex commercial disputes, with experience litigating partnership disputes, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty, and fraud claims in both state and federal court. He also helps clients navigate bankruptcy proceedings and has experience litigating patent infringement claims. As a business counselor, Justin partners with his clients to develop strategies that will help them best reach their goals; when litigation is unavoidable, he works to resolve the claim efficiently and effectively.
Justin earned his Juris Doctor, with high honors, from Chicago-Kent College of Law, where he graduated in the top 10 percent of his class and was a member of the Order of the Coif. He also was a recipient of three CALI Excellence for the Future Awards. In 2014 and 2015, Justin was named a Rising Star by Illinois Super Lawyers.
- Illinois Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2014-2017
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., with high honors, 2008
- University of Kansas, B.S., 2005