Laura A. Colca
- Direct — 716.710.5840
- Fax — 716.566.5401
Laura A. Colca is a seasoned transactional and corporate attorney who brings more than 20 years of experience to her practice. She has led multiple multimillion-dollar merger-and-acquisition transactions and directed high-exposure mediations, arbitrations, and settlement negotiations. Laura also regularly drafts complex contracts, handles purchase agreements, and resolves corporate finance concerns.
Laura’s extensive litigation experience includes representing clients in commercial civil litigation claims in federal courts involving breach of contract issues, corporate dissolution, and trade secrets. She also defends corporate employers in cases brought by former employees.
In addition, Laura routinely advises companies on contractual, corporate governance, and compliance matters. She is also well-versed in issues surrounding intellectual property and patent and trademark litigation.
- Erie County Bar Association: Corporate, Surrogate’s Court, and Matrimonial Committees
- American Business Women’s Association
- WNY Chapter of BNI (Business Network International)
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- State University of New York at Buffalo Law School, J.D., cum laude,1993
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1990
- Author, “The Importance of Year-End Contract Audits,” Buffalo Law Journal, November 3, 2016