Leann A. Gerlach
- Direct — 336.419.4912
- Fax — 336.217.8330
Leann Gerlach focuses her practice on defending a broad array of workers’ compensation claims. She has experience drafting internal memoranda and court briefs, negotiating settlements, litigating contested claims, and conducting depositions.
While earning her J.D. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Leann served as both a staff writer and Contributing Editor of the North Carolina Law Review. After receiving the Gressman-Pollitt Oral Advocacy Award during her first year, she was selected to serve as an Honors Writing Scholar.
In addition to her academic achievements, Leann co-founded the Consumer and Commercial Law Society, which aimed to strengthen the focus on consumer protection and commercial law at UNC. She also participated in the Juvenile Justice Clinic and interned at the Federal Trade Commission’s Bureau of Consumer Protection.
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- North Carolina Association of Self Insurers
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- Membership Development Committee, Junior League of Raleigh
Admitted to Practice
- North Carolina
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., with honors, Beta Gamma Sigma, Phi Betta Kappa, 2012
- Washington and Lee University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2009