Marvin N. Romero
- Direct — 516.281.9848
- Fax — 516.281.9801
Marvin Romero has more than 10 years of experience defending clients in state and federal courts. He has represented a wide range of corporate, municipal, and individual defendants in a variety of civil litigation matters, including insurance law, municipal law, premises liability, discrimination, negligence, and product liability claims. Marvin also handles commercial litigation cases, and has conducted mediations, arbitrations, and appeals.
Marvin previously served as outside counsel to a major insurance company. In that role, he defended coverage disputes, vehicular negligence, uninsured motorist claims, and no-fault claims. In addition, Marvin has experience litigating breach of contract matters and negotiating settlements on behalf of general contractors, medical service providers, and alarm companies.
While receiving his juris doctor from Brooklyn Law School, Marvin was the recipient of Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction (CALI) Excellence for the Future Award in Commercial Paper and was a dean’s list student. He was also a dean’s list student at Rutgers University, where he received a bachelor of science degree in administration of justice and a bachelor of arts degree in sociology.
- New York Metro Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2015-2016 (Thomson Reuters)
- View peer-review methodologies at superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Department of Labor OSHA 10-Hour Construction Training
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., Dean’s List, 2002
- Rutgers University, B.S. and B.A., Dean’s List, 1999
- Co-Author, “Snow and Ice Liability: A Property Owner's Guide,” New York Law Journal, December 12, 2016
- Co-Author, “Stormy Weather: An Analysis of Snow and Ice Defenses,” New York Law Journal, September 24, 2015