Meghan A. Collins
- Direct — 312.572.8426
- Fax — 312.572.8401
Meghan Collins focuses her practice on general liability matters, including construction law, premises liability, and product liability litigation. In addition, Meghan has experience handling transportation, intellectual property, and insurance coverage matters. She has represented a variety of clients, including a Fortune 100 oil company, retailers, construction companies, property managers, apartment complexes, manufacturers of sports products and equipment, and companies in the food products sector. Meghan has handled all stages of litigation, from initial discovery to trials and settlements.
Meghan was a judicial clerk at the Cook County Circuit Court and is a former adjunct professor at the University of Illinois College of Law, where she received her juris doctor. During law school, she was a contributor to the Illinois Business Law Journal, participated in Bankruptcy Moot Court, and was the recipient of a pro bono notation. Meghan was a James Scholar at the University of Illinois, where she received her bachelor of arts degree.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 2011
- University of Illinois, B.A., cum laude with high distinction, 2008
- Co-Author, “Does Broker Know Best When Purchasing Cyberinsurance?” Law360, May 10, 2016