Michael E. Appelbaum
- Direct — 716.844.3452
- Fax — 716.566.5401
Michael Appelbaum is a seasoned litigator who tries cases in the state, federal, and appellate courts of New York involving personal injury, sexual torts/abuse, truck and motor vehicle accidents, and the sports and entertainment industry. He has extensive experience successfully defending contractors and owners in construction worksite injury claims invoking New York’s Labor Law. His diverse experience also includes criminal defense and commercial litigation.
Michael maintains active memberships in the Bar Association of Erie County and the New York State Bar Association. He is a past director of the Western New York Trial Lawyers Association and was named a 2014 Super Lawyer. Recently, he was named by the Buffalo Law Journal and Business First as one of Western New York’s Legal Elite, an exclusive list of the area’s most respected attorneys.
Michael is active in a number of charitable and youth sports associations and serves as an advisory member of the Sisters Hospital Foundation’s Board of Directors.
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating: AV Preeminent
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers, 2013-2016
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- Connecticut, 1996
- Board of Directors, Sisters Hospital Foundation
- Buffalo Shamrocks Hockey Club
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1997
- Hobart College, B.A., 1992
- Co-Author, “For the Defense: A Case for OPWDD,” Buffalo Law Journal, September 12, 2015