Michael P. Luongo
- Direct — 267.519.6852
- Fax — 267.519.6801
Michael Luongo is an associate in the firm’s Philadelphia office. Michael has experience representing clients in state and federal courts in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He concentrates his practice in aviation law, products liability, professional malpractice, and commercial litigation.
In the area of aviation law, Michael has defended national air carriers and aircraft maintenance and repair facilities in property and casualty liability claims as well as violations of anti-discrimination and disability laws. He has achieved dismissal of actions on federal preemption grounds and failure to plead violations of federal aviation statutes and regulations.
In products liability matters, Michael has defended manufacturers of industrial machinery as well as retailers of consumer products. His professional malpractice experience includes the defense of accounting firms, law firms, and insurance brokerage firms. He has argued professional liability claims before trial and appellate courts, and resolved claims through alternative dispute resolution.
In June 2014, Michael successfully litigated a bench trial of a client accused of fraud and invasion of privacy for the unauthorized use of the plaintiffs’ names and likenesses. He argued issues of first impression related to First Amendment free speech rights and the limits of civil privacy torts and obtained a defense verdict on all counts.
Prior to joining Goldberg Segalla, Michael served as a judicial law clerk to the Hon. Anne E. Lazarus in the Superior Court of Pennsylvania. In law school, Michael was an articles editor for the Temple Journal of Science, Technology & Environmental Law. He is a regular contributor to the firm’s Professional Liability Matters blog.
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2016 (Thomson Reuters)
- View peer-review methodologies at superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2011
- Bucknell University, B.A., 2008
- Author, “Seven Lessons for Litigating Your First Case Through Trial,” Professional Services Liability, American Bar Association, November 11, 2014
- Co-Author, “When Is It Criminal to Issue a Subpoena? The Intersection of Subpoena Practice and the Unauthorized Practice of Law”For the Defense, Defense Research Institute, October 2013
- Co-Author, “Fantasy Sports: A Real Game-Changer for Employers” Lehigh Valley Business, November 16, 2012
- Author, “Post-Conviction Due Process Right to Access DNA Evidence,” 29 Temp. Envtl. L. & Tech. J. 127 (2010)