Raul E. Martinez
- Direct — 585.295.8353
- Fax — 585.295.8300
Raul Martinez has more than two decades of experience representing clients in complex personal injury, medical malpractice, product liability, New York State Labor Law violations, motor vehicle, and premises liability cases. A seasoned trial and appellate lawyer who has successfully tried cases in courts across New York State, Raul also litigates in administrative proceedings, mediations, and arbitrations, and has been selected on numerous occasions by private parties to act as a neutral arbitrator in civil proceedings.
Raul’s extensive experience in the courtroom stretches back to 1990, when he took a position as an Assistant District Attorney at the Bronx County DA’s office in New York City. With a trial practice that focused on felony prosecutions, Raul took more than 20 trials to verdict, presented countless cases to grand juries, and handled arraignments and other pre-trial hearings. His diverse background also includes time spent as in-house counsel at an insurance liability carrier, where he defended cases and provided coverage opinions — experience that led him to being named a Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year for Insurance Law in 2013.
Raul is also committed to serving the community in which he works, and currently sits on the Board of Directors of the Volunteer Legal Services Project (VLSP), an agency that facilitates pro bono legal services for the poor. He also tutors Spanish-speaking students in the Rochester City School District and is a founding member of the Latino Bar Association of Rochester.
- Best Lawyers in America, 2013-2017 (Insurance Law, Personal Injury Litigation: Defendants); Lawyer of the Year in Insurance Law, 2013
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers, 2016
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- United States District Court, Western District of New York
- Board Member, Volunteer Legal Services Project
- Math tutor, Rochester City School No. 35
- Bivona Child Advocacy Center, Board Member (2005-2008)
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 1990
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, B.A., 1987