Sean T. Stadelman
- Direct — 267.519.6850
- Fax — 267.519.6801
Sean Stadelman is a partner in the firm's Philadelphia office. He holds a Certificate in Epidemiology and Biostatistics from the Dornsife School of Public Health at Drexel University. He is a Fellow of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) National Trial College. His practice emphasizes litigating complex mass tort and catastrophic injury cases in federal and state courts. His experience includes representing companies involved in federal multidistrict litigation and Philadelphia’s Complex Litigation Center, including denture cream and asbestos mass torts.
He routinely works with clients in a variety of industries, including life science companies, vehicle manufacturers, trucking/logistics companies, and consumer and industrial product businesses. Sean has also represented healthcare organizations and professionals with regulatory and litigation matters.
Given his background and experience, Sean is often called upon to work with internal and external experts to develop a strategy focused on securing dismissals under Daubert and Frye and protecting a product line from defective design judgments. His background also allows him to assess the state of the science before litigation ensues to develop a strategy for handling and resolving claims that ensures the legal and business needs of his clients are protected.
Recent representative matters he has handled include the defense of a medical device (denture cream) manufacturer involving toxic tort claims pending in federal multidistrict litigation and Philadelphia’s Mass Tort Program. He also represents a medical device (power morcellator) manufacturer in single plaintiff actions pending in various jurisdictions around the country. Other recently handled cases include defending a multi-national manufacturer of airbag systems in a case where the plaintiff claimed bilateral blindness, representing a multi-national manufacturer of specialty vehicles (cement mixer) in a wrongful death case, and an international logistics company in a negligence action arising from a trucking accident with one fatality and significant permanent injuries to 12 other people traveling in their church van. Additionally, Sean handles catastrophic injury cases for companies in the construction business and toxic tort cases for his clients.
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2013–2016 (Thomson Reuters)
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association James J. Manderino Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy
- View peer-review methodologies at superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Pennsylvania Bio
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Claims and Litigation Management (CLM) Alliance
- Defense Research Institute
Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Pennsylvania
- Haverford Area YMCA Advisory Board Member
- Cradles to Crayons Young Friends Committee Member
- Dornsife School of Public Health at Drexel University, Certificate in Epidemiology and Biostatistics, 2015
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Villanova University, B.S., B.A., 2002
- Co-Author, “‘Weight of the Evidence’ Approach: A Backdoor Attempt to Undermine the Court’s Daubert Gatekeeping Obligation,” For the Defense, Defense Research Institute, September 2014
- Co-Author, “Asbestos Litigation: Alive and Strong in 2014,” For the Defense, Defense Research Institute, April 2014
- Co-Author, “Implementation of Hazard Communication 2012: Are Your Clients Adequately Prepared?” Toxic Torts, Defense Research Institute, August 30, 2013