Stefan A. Borovina
- Direct — 516.281.9828
- Fax — 516.281.9801
Stefan Borovina focuses his practice on the defense of general and professional liability claims, including premises liability, construction site accidents, and attorney and medical/nursing home malpractice. He represents residential landlords, religious and charitable organizations, construction contractors, attorneys, physicians, and others in complex, high-exposure claims involving allegations of negligence and significant injuries.
With credentials that include the Department of Labor OSHA-30 Construction and General Industry Training, Stefan regularly counsels clients on implementing effective safety practices in the workplace, minimizing OSHA liability, and responding to citations. He is a frequent author on OSHA issues and a contributor to Goldberg Segalla’s OSHA: Legal Developments and Defense Strategies blog.
Before joining private practice, Stefan served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Nassau County District Attorney’s Office. There, Stefan was a member of the Vehicular Crimes Bureau, where he prosecuted various crimes including driving while intoxicated/impaired by drugs, vehicular assault and vehicular homicide. Stefan successfully tried numerous jury and bench trials to verdict.
While attending law school, Stefan worked as a Student Assistant District Attorney for the Domestic Violence Bureau of the Queens County District Attorney’s Office; as an intern for the New York County District Attorney’s Office, the U.S. Attorney’s Office of the Eastern District of New York, and the New York State Supreme Court Appellate Division, Second Department; and as a judicial intern for the Honorable P. Kevin Castel of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- New York Metro Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2015-2016
Professional Affiliations and Training
- Department of Labor OSHA 30-Hour Construction Training
- Department of Labor OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Training
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D., 2008
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 2004
- Co-Author, “Snow and Ice Liability: A Property Owner's Guide,” New York Law Journal, December 12, 2016
- Co-Author, “Groundbreaking OSHA Developments in 2015 to Directly Impact 2016 — and Beyond,” IndustryWeek, December 31, 2016
- Author, “Keeping Factory Falls Down: Lessons from OSHA's Construction Safety Stand-Down,” Industry Week, May 19, 2015
- Contributor, OSHA: Legal Developments and Defense Strategies blog
- Author, “Avoiding OSHA Citations: The Best Defense is (Also) a Good Offense,” IndustryWeek, December 18, 2014
- Author, New York chapter, USLAW Network’s Retail Compendium of Law, 2014