Thais E. Rodriguez
- Direct — 516.281.9856
- Fax — 516.281.9801
With a practice that focuses on workers’ compensation defense, Thais Rodriguez has experience litigating all types of workers’ compensation cases before the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board, as well as negotiating and preparing settlement agreements. She handles all aspects of workers’ compensation litigation, involving depositions, trials, drafting and submitting appeals and other court or Board correspondence.
Thais received her juris doctor from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, where she served as a teaching assistant for Legal Research and Writing and Title Editor of the Detroit Mercy Law Review.
After graduating magna cum laude from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law in 2010, Thais held judicial clerkships in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Family Division, and the Michigan Court of Appeals. As a research attorney and later a clerk for the Honorable Cynthia Stephens in Michigan, she drafted both unpublished and published opinions (majority, concurrence, and/or dissent), orders, and memoranda on various complex legal issues raised by appellants.
- Hispanic National Fund Foundation 2009 Law Fellow
- Frank Murphy Honor Society (equivalent to Order of the Coif)
- New York Bar Association
- Latino Lawyers Association of Queens County
- Injured Workers’ Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2010
- Fairfield University, B.S., with honors, 2007