Theodore W. Ucinski III
- Direct — 516.281.9860
- Fax — 516.281.9801
Theodore W. Ucinski III is an experienced litigator in the state and federal courts of New York and New Jersey, and handles cases up to and including trial. Ted’s primary areas of practice include New York labor law, as well as multi-party construction defect litigation and high-exposure personal injury actions. Over the last 20 years, Ted has faced some of New York’s most skilled plaintiff labor law attorneys and successfully defended owners and contractors throughout New York against catastrophic claims.
Ted’s clients include the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey as well as major developers and owners with holdings throughout the five boroughs. As a result, Ted has come up against every conceivable claim brought under New York’s labor law and has dealt with multiple multimillion-dollar claims.
Due to Ted’s breath of knowledge and OSHA training, he is part of the firm’s OSHA rapid response team. Ted’s qualifications allow him access to construction and worksite accident scenes to conduct investigations within hours of an alleged injury. When litigation commences, Ted is able to rely on an in-depth understanding of the incident to create an effective defense strategy.
Ted is also a prolific writer and lecturer. He has frequently written articles for the New York Law Journal and spoken at the New York State Bar Association’s lecture series.
- New York Metro Super Lawyers 2013-2016 (Thomson Reuters)
- View peer-review methodologies at superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Professional Affiliations and Training
- Department of Labor OSHA-10 and OSHA-30 Construction Training
Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Eastern Property Owners Association for the Incorporated Village of Garden City: Director, Board of Directors
- Fordham Alumni, Long Island Chapter
- Garden City Eastern Property Owners Association
- Long Island Corvette Owners Association
- Pace University School of Law, J.D., 1998 (Pace International Law Review)
- Fordham University, dual B.A., cum laude, 1995 (Dean's List; History Honor Society)
- Co-Author, “Enforcing a Personal Injury Settlement in the Age of Emails and Texting,” New York Law Journal, April 1, 2016
- Co-Author, “Trench Collapses: A Caveat to Defense Counsel,” New York Law Journal, October 8, 2015
- Co-Author, “Use of Social Media Against Personal Injury Defendants,” New York Law Journal, August 26, 2015
- Presenter, "Honing Your Deposition Skills 2014: Practice Pointers,” New York State Bar Association CLE, Melville, NY, October 24, 2014
- Co-Presenter, “Sue Everyone! The Anatomy of a Construction Lawsuit,” Professional Women in Construction, New York, May 22, 2014