Human Resources Counseling
Our Employment and Labor Practice Group believes clients are best served through preventive measures such as careful policy drafting and effective training. To that end, we work on-site with employers, providing services such as:
- Identifying ways to strengthen personnel polices
- Offering innovative solutions to workplace challenges surrounding the hiring, discipline, promotion, and discharge of employees
- Developing and implementing practical policies and procedures, including anti-harassment programs
- Assisting with internal investigations
- Drafting employment manuals and handbooks
- Implementing and enforcing policies regarding the usage of electronic devices, cloud computing, e-mail, and social media
- Assisting with compliance under OSHA and the broad array of workplace safety and health statutes, rules, and regulations, as well as providing guidance through safety and health inspections, audits, and investigations
- Advising on protection and preservation of confidential and proprietary information, along with drafting and enforcing non-competition, non-solicitation, and confidentiality agreements
- Negotiating and drafting separation/severance agreements
Our team offers interactive employment training courses for employees, supervisors, and managers on a wide range of critical topics. These sessions provide answers to tough legal and compliance questions, offer practical guidance, and explore proactive approaches to maintaining a positive work environment while minimizing risk or the threat of a lawsuit.
In addition, we keep clients abreast of the latest changes to laws impacting the workplace through our regularly published alerts, which are often featured by the Employment Law Information Network and reach thousands of employers nationwide.