Goldberg Segalla represents major manufacturers of consumer and household products in national, regional and local litigation, as well as in regulatory and risk prevention forums. We are proud to serve as national counsel for manufacturers of appliances, fans and heaters, electronic products and children’s products. We are regularly called upon by our clients who manufacture consumer products, including children’s products and other household products that could potentially cause injury to children, to assist them in presenting their position to the CPSC and Health Canada regarding proposed new regulations and requirements, individually and through industry trade organizations.
Our experience includes:
- Representing our clients before the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
- Handling all aspects of reporting and compliance related to product recalls
- Successfully bringing Daubert challenges against opposing experts in many jurisdictions
- Defending our clients in litigation in the most dangerous jurisdictions in the country
- Handling litigation in most of the continental United States
- Counseling our clients on litigation risks and regulatory compliance in Canada, Europe and Asia
- Publishing and presenting on these issues to national product liability audiences
By developing an understanding of the design and function of our clients’ products, our goal is to face down opposing experts, undermine their methodology and achieve successful outcomes for our clients.